The Brandenburg University of Technology (Brandenburgische Technische Universität - BTU Cottbus) was founded in 1991 and is the top technical university in Brandenburg, Germany. Located in Cottbus, in English it is often called Technical University of Cottbus or TU Cottbus. In (WS 2012/13), the University had 112 professors, 594 academic staff and 6,972 students, of which 1,234 are of foreign origin from 89 nations.
The university has been a school for construction engineering in the former GDR starting from 1954. After the German reunification the school became a Technical University and was finally renamed into Brandenburg Technical University in 1994. In the following years the university has undergone major construction efforts and the number of students has continuously grown ever since. In February 2013 the Landtag of Brandenburg decided to fusion the BTU and the Hochschule Lausitz on July 1, 2013 to found the new university Brandenburgische Technische Universität Cottbus-Senftenberg (abbreviation: BTU).
Platz der Deutschen Einheit 1, 03046 Cottbus
RATE Brandenburg University of Technology
RATINGS OF Brandenburg University of Technology